LALITA JYOTI ANATHALAYA (Orphanage for girls)
International Yoga Society is a charitable organization founded by the renowned saint and Yogi, Sri Swami Jyotirmayananda. We are working in the fields of Yoga, spirituality, social services and the publication of spiritual books and magazines. The society is engaged in servicing orphan girls and abandoned ladies through its wing known as LALITA JYOTI ANATHALAYA (orphanage). LJA is located in the quiet countryside of Ganaur, Sonipat district of Haryana - India.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLE:
We firmly believe and follow the saying of our guru Sri Swami Jyotirmayananda who is the light and guide for all of us. He says: "GOD IS BEST WORSHIPPED THROUGH SERVICE OF HUMANITY." High thinking and simple living is our ideal. The lifestyle in the orphanage is based on Yoga, spirituality and ethical values.
WHY ANOTHER ORPHANAGE?
Anathalaya is a Sanskrit word (Anatha + Alaya) meaning a home for an abandoned person. LJA is an anathalaya in the true sense, as it doesn’t merely provide shelter and food to orphans but also gives parental care and a congenial homely environment where each child is looked after under the affectionate care of a mother.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
1. To provide shelter and integral development to orphan girls of all religions.
2. To make every child well-educated and self-dependent to become a respectable member of society.
MAIN ATTRIBUTES OF THE ORPHANAGE
1. A campus spread over 15000 square yards with a garden of fruits and vegetables and three magnificent buildings for 70 girls and 30 ladies.
2. High standard of living and disciplined lifestyle.
3. English medium education.
4. Facilities for music, dance, Yoga, computer learning and vocational training.
5. Regular medical care.
MANAGEMENT AND MOVING FORCE
With the support and inspiration of our guru, Sri Swami Jyotirmayananda, and the dynamic guidance of Sri Swami Lalitananda, the orphanage is managed and directed by Yogiratna Dr Shashi Bhushan Mishra and his wife Dr Pratibha Mishra. Both are well-qualified medical doctors who are not only ardent devotees of Sri Swamiji, but also a moving force behind all the activities of the orphanage. They are respected father and mother figures for all the orphan girls.
Visit our website in India at www.iys-loni.org